Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Spring Break and Haul Roundup

We spent Spring Break in Georgia again this year.  I think it's becoming a tradition for the kids, because they expect to go to every year.  While we were away, I discovered that my Mom really loved the DCWV Black Currant papers that I was using to make a Mini Album for my Niece. I also found out that the papers had been discontinued, so I wanted to pickup another stack so I would have enough to make a Mini Album for my Mom too. My oldest daughter had already put in her request for a toilet paper roll Mini Album using Black Currant, so I wasn't sure I had enough.



I also wanted to pickup another stack of DCWV Immortal Love.  I had started a not-so-Mini Album for my other Niece using Immortal Love, but decided not to use the chipboard album bound with duct tape after all.  It was too big and I didn't like the binding.  The problem was I decided not to use it after I had already covered the outside and inside covers with my favorite papers from the Immortal Love stack which also happened to be my Nieces favorite color, red.  It's pretty tough to find decorative red scrapbooking papers with designs, and the red papers in the stack were really nice so I decided to buy another stack.


In my quest to buy another stack of Immortal Love and Black Currant, I visited several stores including Joann's in Macon, Georgia and Columbus, Georgia.  I found Immortal Love and also picked up a second stack of DCWV Midnight Berry because it's the next best thing to Black Currant and it was my backup plan if I wasn't able to find it.  I also picked up a few other things not only from both Joann's stores, but I also visited Michael's and Hobby Lobby in Warner Robbins, Georgia. When we visited my BFF in Columbus, Georgia, she took me too Ollies, which is reminiscent of Big Lots, and I found Jolee's Boutique papers for babies for only $3.00! At that price, I grabbed them even though I don't have a project in mind for them yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something.




With all the craft supply shopping I did during Spring Break, I never did find the Black Currant paper, so yesterday on my first day back home, I made a trip to Joann's to see if by chance, they still had the paper, and they DID! So, I finally got what I wanted!

I've spent a lot of time, since I finished my first two albums, adding to my stash with haul after haul and I haven't been creating very much.  It's been on my mind to design a few large tags and to also do a few handmade greeting cards.  I also want to find a way to organize stamps, inks and other supplies so that I can keep track of what I already have and make sure I don't buy duplicates.


I've seen some printouts for Tim Holtz inks and such, and I'm going to make sample stamps on little cards and store all in a binder.  I'm still working out other ways to get organized, so if you have any ideas, please share. My rubber stamp collection is growing and I don't want it to get out of control.
Today's Haul from Hobby Lobby
I think I've created a pretty good stash, so now it's time to get busy creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment